happy 10 month birthday, peter!
Peter William turned ten months old a few weeks ago, right at the time all of the sickness hit our home (hence the lack of pictures). But, before another month passes, I wanted to remember what life looks like for him just two months before his first birthday.
Here’s a glimpse:
- He has an amazingly sweet and silly toothy grin.
- He refuses, under all circumstances, to remain still during a diaper change, getting dressed, or while taking a bath. Being his mommy feels like an Olympic sport that I forgot to train for. It is quite the workout!
- Has five (almost six!) teeth. Three on the bottom, two on the top.
- Is the most determined little tot I’ve ever seen (read: has a strong affinity for all Toys Big Brother is Playing With). He’s so determined to get where he wants to go and gets quite frustrated that he can’t already walk.
- “Talking” quite a bit these days and laughing even more.
- Wears 9-12 month clothes and is a size 4 in shoes.
- Still taking a morning and afternoon nap.
- Weighs: 19 pounds 13 ounces
- Measures: 28.4 inches
- Loves standing up on the bed while being held under his arms. He will bounce all day like it’s his job.
- Crawls and climbs and flips over incredibly fast. We’re contemplating having him fitted for a helmet.
- When fussy, nothing can snap him out of it quicker than when Sam makes him laugh.
- Can’t get enough of being thrown up in the air, it takes his breath away and he loves it.
- Has a great appetite. Some of his favorites include: avocado, blueberries, cheese, yogurt, strawberries, and crackers.
- Stands by himself for a few brief seconds. Holds on to tables and scoots his way around.
- Learning to obey “no” and “come here”, although he oftentimes thinks we are playing a game with him!
- Still has an ear-piercing squeal.
- If anyone cries, he cries. He’s quite the sensitive little guy.
- Three words to describe Peter at 10 months: active, inquisitive, and sweet.
- Already in need of his first haircut!
- Loves playing peek-a-boo! and wrestling on the bed with Daddy.
- Loves to people watch.
Oh Peter, how we love you. What a gift we get every morning when we wake up and see your face. Our hearts swell when we think of you. The Lord has been so good to give us these ten months with you. So very good.