top 10 :: favorite cleaning supplies
I fall into the strange category of people who love to clean. When I’m talking on the phone, stressed, anxious, happy, or just have a lot on my mind- I clean. Me and my mom are cut from the same cloth, so I think I inherited this from her. Rarely would I ever see my mom on the phone without a mop in her hand.
To add to the strangeness, I’ve been known to ask for cleaning supplies for my birthday or Christmas. The top two on my list of favorites are some of the most helpful gifts I’ve received.
So, in addition to a couple of buckets, a tooth brush, and a few sponges and towels, here are my top ten favorite cleaning supplies.
1. Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner: I use it every day, multiple times a day. I love this little piece of machinery and it has saved my hardwood floors and rugs time and time again from my little toddler.
2. Shark Steam Mop: My mom bought this for me after she fell in love with hers. I love using it on my hardwood floors. It is super easy to use and works really well with the Method wood floor cleaner I use (#6).
3. Bar Keeper’s Friend: I really like the look of stainless steel appliances, but they seem to be the hardest thing to keep clean, or at least looking clean. I use this weekly on my dishwasher door, trash can, microwave, and tea kettle and it works really well.
4. White Distilled Vinegar/Baking Soda: I use these two little ingredients more than any other cleaning products I have. I even put vinegar in my washing machine when I’m doing laundry. They are cheap and work wonderfully.
5. Evercare Microfiber Cleaning Cloths: These come in packs of four and each cloth is used for a different purpose: dusting, polishing, glass-cleaning, scrubbing. I love these because I can throw them in the washing machine and don’t have to use as many paper towels (and they work better, too!).
6. Method Wood for Good Floor Care Cleaner: I use this on my hardwood floors all over my house. I use this with my steam mop and my regular mop a few times a week. I buy the Almond scent and it makes my house smell really good.
7. Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner: I just recently discovered this new product and am giving it a try. You can use it on metal, glass, wood and electronics. I have really liked that I can take it into a room and use it on a number of different surfaces. I love the Lavender Fresh scent.
8. J.R. Watkins Cleaners: I really like this brand of dish soap and All-purpose cleaner. These cleaners are all-natural and they smell incredible.
9. Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent: We just got a dishwasher for the first time in five years, and I have used this liquid detergent ever since. I like it, but I’m considering switching to powder detergent since it is cheaper. (Remove child from dishwasher door before use!)
10. Way Clean spray bottles: I like these because they have six different household cleaning recipes printed on the outside of the bottle. I use these everyday, mainly for my all-purpose cleaner and my window cleaner. I would eventually like to invest in some essential oils and make more of my cleaners, but until then- I just squeeze a bit of fresh lemon in the mix!
What are some of your can’t-live-without cleaning products? Have any favorite recipes for homemade cleaners that you’d like to share?
For more Top 10 posts…