200 in 2
This week marks 2 years since I first started blogging. This also happens to be my 200th post!
Every once in a while I think it is good to remind myself of why I even started blogging in the first place and then evaluate whether or not it would be a good use of my time if I continued.
Well, two years in and I must say that I have enjoyed it thoroughly (and I hope you have as well).
Here are a few reasons why…
1. We live in Minnesota. We left 23 years worth of relationships with our friends and family in Texas to move here. This is a way for me to shorten the state lines.
2. It’s a great place for me to practice my photography and share some of my favorite pictures and stories.
3. I love looking back through my mom’s photo albums that she has made. I’m assuming that one day our children will as well and this blog is one place where I’ve chosen to make those pictures and memories available. A big reason why I blog is for my children.
4. I’m not a Scrapbooker and it’s pretty safe to say that I probably never will be. Don’t have the time, energy, or paper-cutting skills needed to undertake such a hobby.
5. My dad once said to me, “When we go months without seeing Sam, I don’t feel like I’ve missed a thing because of your blog.” This might just be my greatest motivation for blogging.
6. I love reading my friend’s blogs, especially friends who live far away. I’ve even asked a couple of my long-distance friends to start blogging so I can see pictures of their growing families, etc. and they actually took my advice! I think it’s only fair that I do the same for them.
7. Blogging is the easiest way to share information. No more mass e-mails of pictures, etc. All pictures, videos, and stories go straight to the blog and friends and family know to check here for most updates.
8. Blogging has become one of my favorite ways to honor and celebrate special people and days throughout the year. I’ve loved celebrating birthdays, milestones, anniversaries, holidays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and People We Love on this blog.
9. I have loved getting to know some of you better throughout these past two years. I have really enjoyed reading your comments and personal e-mails you’ve sent me. Keep it up, I always love hearing from you!
10. Last, but certainly not least, I hope in some way our family blog can be an encouragement to you and your faith. God has been very faithful to our family, so I want to be diligent to share the stories of how God has worked in our lives through marriage and now parenting.
Thanks for reading along and for commenting, here’s to many more years of blogging!