basil lime soda
My friend, Jessica, deserves all the credit for this delicious recipe. Last week, she offered to stop by and bring me some Basil Lime Syrup that she had just made, along with a bottle of sparkling water (because I had just run out and she is extra thoughtful!).
It was a busy day in the Rigney house and we had about five or six visitors stop by after Jessica. I offered them all a glass of Basil Lime Soda and it was enjoyed by all! I thought I’d pass along the recipe in case you want to try a new, refreshing beverage this summer. Hope you enjoy!
Basil Lime Syrup
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Handful of Fresh Basil
- Sparkling Water
- Fresh Lime
- Lots of Ice
- Heat sugar, water, and basil on the stove until sugar is dissolved. Remove basil.
- Squeeze fresh lime into the bottom of the glass (I use an entire lime!).
- Add 1-2 Tbs. of Basil Lime Syrup to glass.
- Fill glass with lots and lots of ice.
- Pour sparkling water over ice.
- Garnish with lime and basil.
I think I’m going to try and infuse the syrup with mint next time. Any other ideas?