happy 9 month birthday, peter!
Today our sweet Peter William turned nine months old. It’s hard to imagine what life was like before he arrived on the scene, it’s as if he’s been with us forever (which also explains why nine months of pregnancy felt like an eternity).
There is so much to say about this little man, where to even start? He’s growing so fast with new changes all the time- it’s almost hard to keep up. His personality is shining through making our days especially bright. Makes me wish you all could meet him and get to know him a bit- he’d easily make you smile.
At nine months, a snapshot of Peter’s life looks a bit like this:
- Crawling constantly and pulling up on everything in sight. Crib, chairs, couches, coffee table, and the bath tub.
- He’s beginning to scoot himself (very slowly and one foot at a time) around the object he pulled himself up on.
- He can stand without assistance for a few brief seconds before realizing that I’m not supporting him, he then looks terrified and collapses!
- He can say two words: “mama” and “dada”, and if he’s really trying to get my attention, he will say “mmmmmmama!” rather emphatically.
- He responds to his name by turning around, looking straight at us, and shooting us a huge smile.
- He is a champ at eating solids but is hardly interested in his bottle anymore (lovin’ his sippy cup, though!).
- There hasn’t been a single food he hasn’t enjoyed, which is a huge blessing to us. Anything we give him, he eats right up! Kale and collard greens give us the same response as fruit and yogurt, it’s definitely a welcomed surprise.
- He enjoys sitting up in his highchair and feeding himself finger foods for long periods of time. Recent favorites: cheese, puffs, yogurt melts, apple, banana, bread & butter, crackers, avocado, turkey, black beans, eggs, and clementines.
- He takes two naps a day, one at 9:00 am and the other at 1:00 pm. He goes to bed around 6:30 pm and wakes up between 6-7 in the morning.
- He is hilarious. Even at nine months, we find ourselves (Sam included) belly laughing at the funny expressions, noises, and giggles that come from his mouth. He loves getting a reaction out of us.
- His smile is contagious. Ear to ear grins all day long (which can be quite the distraction)!
- He’s enjoying crib time more recently. We let him play in there a couple times a day for about 15-20 minutes (or longer if he’s happy) with a toy or two and let him listen to music (that is unless Sam interrupts and takes over the entertainment gig).
- He’s an explorer, keeping us on our toes all-the-live-long-day. A few recent finds: my cookbook shelves, cloth napkins, fireplace candles, cloth napkin rings, and Sam’s kitchen dishes.
- He’s liking board books more and more, and if he sees one of us reading to Sam, he let’s us know (through loud, feisty squeals) that he’d rather not be left out!
- Has three bottom teeth, red hair, wears 6-9 month clothes, and weighs 19 pounds.
- Absolutely can not stand being on his back or having his diaper changed. It is a full on wrestling match to get his clothes on. I often give up after the diaper is loosely fastened.
- Loves his time in the bath.
- Still to this day, no one makes him laugh or gets him as excited as big brother. And big brother heaps on the love in return!
Peter delights our hearts and we are beyond thankful to God for this amazing gift. Oh, how we love you our little 9 month old man…