Sweet little brother, sixteen months have passed since you were born and not a day goes by without me giving thanks to the Lord for you. Your hilarious personality, sweet disposition, and playful determination make for a very fun, noisy, and lively home. I’m always amazed at just how quiet things become when you go down for your nap.
So how about a list of 10 Peter-isms to celebrate 16 months with you…
- You have become quite the talker these days! You attempt to say every word we throw at you and you say them with such confidence.
- Whenever you hurt yourself or are inconsolable, you instantly stop crying when I start talking very, very quietly in your ear.
- You love making animal sounds- pig, elephant, snake, dog, cow, horse, sheep, monkey, lion, bear, tiger, and donkey are your favorites.
- You are are the great imitator. Everything your brother does, you try someway to mimic him.
- You could eat lemons, limes, and grapefruit all day long. You are your momma’s boy.
- You love to run from us and hide in little corners or behind doors and just wait quietly until we come and find you.
- You love books more than I thought possible for a 16-month old. I think this started out as an imitation of your brother, but then realizing how much you enjoyed them as well. When you grab a book, turn around, and scoot yourself backwards and just plop down in my lap- that’s my cue to cut that housework thing out!
- Upon buckling you in your car seat, you immediately take your shoes off. And I’m more happy than I really should be that you’ve recently started leaving your socks on.
- You love your Daddy. I mean love love him. There is a party at the front door every day around 5 pm when he comes home.
- You still love to dance and sing and clap and laugh. You are full of life.
I could go on. But lists and words and videos and pictures always fall a bit short, don’t they? Happy 16-month birthday, Peter William. I’m so happy we get to live our lives with you.