20 at 20 months
Two is just four months away. In my almost four years of parenting, this reality feels the most unbelievable. How in the world? I guess it’s true what they say… that the days are long but the years go by fast. This year has gone by so incredibly fast. And as much as I strive to live s l o w l y and simply and savor every little moment with him- he has purposed to keep me on my toes. Always chasing. Always moving. Slowing only to eat his mandatory six meals a day (in which I use this time to visit the restroom, fold laundry, and cook).
Your life enriches ours in more ways than you know, Little One. Here’s twenty to name a few…
- You give the best hugs. You wrap your arms completely around our neck and squeeze us as if your life depended on it.
- You give others the best hugs. You love our friends and we love that.
- You want to ensure that we know the names of those in our family. We hear “Mommy, Daddy, Sammy, Peter…Mommy, Daddy, Sammy, Peter…” as we load everyone in the car (as if to remind us not to forget anyone).
- You love to stand in front of the giant photo collage on our living room wall and name off every person in the pictures.
- You eat like a Hobbit. Full meals, numerous times a day.
- You love to race your brother throughout our house, squealing all the way.
- You make sure we see every truck, dog, bear, and cow in every book we read. Those are your favorites.
- How you give it your best shot at praying with your hands folded and eyes closed. You try so hard to keep both eyes closed while still keeping an eye on the one praying.
- The way you say “Yes Ma’am.” Kills me every time.
- How you cling to our necks when being dropped off at the nursery.
- The way you sprint to the bathroom while ripping off your clothes when it’s time to go in the tub. It’s always been your favorite.
- The way you insist on potty training yourself.
- How you have to sleep with your “Bear-Bear.”
- How I find you all over the house reading to yourself while tucked in corners, on couches, in closets, and in little forts you’ve made.
- The way you say “No.”
- The way you stand by the front door every day waiting for your Daddy to come home (and how you scream his name from the time he pulls up in the car until he walks inside the house).
- How you want to do everything your big brother does (See #12).
- How even at your age, we share our own little inside jokes.
- The way you love to be active. Running, dancing, climbing, jumping, being tossed up in the air. Active.
- How you tromp through the house with your wooden sword, off to fight dragons with your big brother.
Yep, you make our life richer!